Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Kahleys guest room

This bedroom had just been transitioned from a nursery and the guest bed and bedding were stuck in there awaiting a re-do.  Here I come!


Guest Room Before

and after...



I wanted to do an eclectic mix of things.  Old and new, a little modern and a little traditional.  I found this beautiful rich brown floral duvet with a burlap trim and a reddish spice satiny quilt to dress the bed with.  I added a pillow made out of paper, which is really cool.  Burlap like panels dress the window.  Antique prints advertising sewing patterns for beautiful women's dresses are framed above the bed and a great hutch that will eventually house the flat screen hangs on the opposite wall.  On the bed-side tables are sitting the two most GORGEOUS tortoise glass lamps with the great black shades on them.




 a beautiful blue capiz bowl hangs above the towel bar.

2 comments:

Timilyn said...

I love it! Nice work!

Marisa Kahley said...

We love it!!! Thank you so much. I was just going to e-mail you the before photo, so I am glad you already had one.