Sunday, October 4, 2009

there are no words...

I went to the bathroom and smelled something AWFUL!
I thought she must still be asleep because she wasn't making any noise,
but I thought I'd better check...

It was the most shocking moment of my motherhood life, maybe my whole life.... I could not believe the amount of poop covering her body.  She was not crying.  She was snuggling with her gigi and sucking on her passy, both which were covered in poop!  She even kept smiling at me, a little smile... like, "I'm sorry mom, have I done something wrong?"


There was a clean white circle of skin around her mouth once I took the passy out.  Everything in her bed, including the bed itself was covered in poop.  BUT, the diaper was spotless, clean and tucked in the corner of the bed as if she wanted to make sure it stayed 'poop free'.



It took three baths, many loads of laundry and bleach to make all this nastiness go away!  I seriously thought about throwing the baby out with the bath water.  I also thought, "should I spray lysol on her or febreze her?"  
I decided against both.
Pictures courtesy of my dear friend barb who saw first-hand what words could not describe and what pictures could not fully capture!

7 comments:

David and Robin Engelson said...

Seriously!!!!! She is a mess!! I would have died!!!

Mindy Rives said...

Oh, wow....now, that is gross. But she is just sooo cute!!! I didn't realize that you had a blog until I saw Clay's post on Facebook. I'll add you to my favs on my blog. Looking forward to hanging out with you next weekend in Branson!!

Timilyn said...

Oh My Gosh!!! That is freaking hilarious!!!!

Caroline said...

GIRL YOU ARE SO GETTING MY VOTE FOR................

MOM
OF
THE
YEAR!!!!!

you are Every Woman!

Brooke'Lain said...

there really are no words.... YIKES!

ErinB said...

WOW! My initial thought of seeing her covered in brown stuff was "Why did she have so much chocolate, and in her crib too?" Then I read your post, and my jaw hit the floor. I would have vomited. Over and over and over again. Or, put her in the shower and used the detachable spray thingy to hose her off (if going outside and using the hose was out of the question b/c of the weather). Seriously. WOW!

Erin (Altis) Benavides (mother of two dogs, no humans yet)

Unknown said...

I don't even know what to say.